Registration has now finished for the 2019/20 school year. We will start collecting names for the 2020/21 school year in December 2019.
We currently offer Grades 1 to 8 (Year 2 to 9). We hope to start High School with Grade 9 in the 2020/21 school year.
The following process will be followed for all new applications invited to register:
A new application must be accompanied by the following before it will be considered:
- Copy of the child’s most recent school report (if applicable)
- Copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Copy of the child’s passport (if available)
- Copy of current vaccinations
- Three colour passport-sized photos of the child
- Application Fee of 600 birr (non-refundable)
- Applicants meeting the criteria will be invited to the school for a Placement Assessment.
- Determining the Year placement of a student will be based on the Application Form, Placement Assessment, and recent student’s report cards. In most cases applicants will be informed at the Interview about whether they have been accepted and the suggested Year entry into RICE.
- Students requiring placement two or more years either below or above the Year recommended for their age will not usually be accepted. The table below provides a guide used to determine the appropriate age for any given Year.
- Successful applicants are normally admitted to RICE at the beginning of the school year. Students will only be accepted after this in exceptional circumstances.
- Successful applicants will be expected to pay a 10% non-refundable deposit once the placement assessment has been completed to secure a place in the school. Failure to pay the deposit will mean the child’s place may be offered to another child.
- For the purpose of maintaining quality education in the classroom, RICE limits class sizes respective to the physical space in a classroom. The maximum class size for any Year is 24 students per class.
The purpose of the Placement Assessment is to ensure that a child is ready for the Grade level they have requested. The assessment covers Maths and English.
Priority will be given first to siblings of existing students.