Tuition Fees & Payment Policy
Tuition Fees for 2018-2019
Grade 1 to Grade 5 (Year 2 to Year 6) $1,800 per child per year
Grade 6 & 7 (Year 7 & 8) $1,900 per child per year
A $350 tuition discount is available for qualifying Ethiopian national children, reducing the annual tuition fee to $1,450 or $1,550. Families may apply for the tuition discount once their child/children have been accepted into RICE. The exchange rate is fixed each year
Information about tuition fees and due dates will be publicized through the school calendar.
- Tuition fees are paid in advance of each School Term.
- Tuition fees are set in U.S. dollars each year. The corresponding exchange rate to the Birr is then fixed in the Spring before the Place Holding Fee is due. This rate will then apply for the coming year’s Tuition Fee.
- RICE reserves the right to adjust the tuition fees during the school year if a major devaluation of the Birr occurs (where devaluation refers to a single change of 5% or more).
- Tuition fees may be paid in either dollars or birr. If paid in birr, payment should be made to the school’s designated bank as per details on the Tuition Invoice, and the bank receipt given to the school office.
- Parents wishing to pay the tuition fee for the whole year can arrange this with the school office. A discount of 5% will be given in such cases. Full payment should be made by the Friday of the first week of the new school year.
- Tuition Fee due dates are published in the annual school Calendar and reminders are sent to families near the due date. A one-week grace period is given for payment after the due date. Thereafter, a charge of 5% will be incurred on the overdue term payment per week, with a maximum of 10% being charged on any overdue payment.
- Where a tuition fee has not been paid, without agreement, the child/ren are at risk of being asked to leave the school until payment has been made.
- The Place Holding Fee is non-refundable.
- If a child attends a part of a Term the fee paid for that Term is non-refundable.